Please note that certain personal information collected through the Site and/or Services may be considered health related data under applicable data protection laws.
What Types of Personal information We May Collect:
The personal information we collect will vary based on your use of the Site and Services, actions you elect to take, and the personal information you elect to submit to us, including your:
- Personal identification information, including your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, quantitative electroencephalogram data (gender, birth date, right- or left-hand dominance, and information you provide regarding your concerns);
- Sensitive personal information, such as your credit card number or other payment information for purchases, billing address, and associated email address;
- Information we receive from any third party, such as our affiliates, referral sources, or service providers you engage, which refer you to Wave Neuro or which access or use the Site or Services on your behalf or in connection with services they provide to you;
- Device and connection information, including without limitation details regarding your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser, operating system, and screen display; and
How We Collect Your Personal information:
We collect your personal information in different ways when you access various parts of the Site and when you use our Services, including:
- Personal information you submit when using our Services or when you communicate with us by telephone, email, or via the Site;
- Financial information you submit when you sign up for or purchase our Services;
- Personal information you submit through participation in our surveys;
- Through third party tools used to collect user behavior, such as through cookies (a "cookie" is a small data file that can be stored on your device (computer or mobile) when you visit certain Internet sites);
- Through third party web technologies used to provide functionality of the Site, including Webflow, Google Analytics, and Hotjar, which may collect certain personal information (e.g., your IP address) through websites operated by such third parties; and
- Information submitted by or obtainable from your Internet service provider, software, computer, mobile device, or other method of accessing the Site (which you may be able to control through the settings of your software and devices) which we collect in our server logs.
How We Process and Use Your Personal information:
We may process and use your personal information primarily to perform Services you request, provide and maintain the Site secure, for improving the Site, and for marketing efforts. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- By providing you access and functionality of the Site and for identifying defects and improving the Site;
- By using log files to collect, store, and track personal information to analyze trends, for statistical and/or marketing purposes, administer and monitor traffic around the Site, to improve the Services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To send periodic emails or other communications to you and otherwise conduct internal marketing campaigns;
- We may process your personal information because it is necessary for our or a third party's legitimate interests;
- When we have your specific or, where necessary, explicit consent to do so;
- For fraud prevention;
- By using cookies to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience of the Site; and
- We may also process your personal information for compliance with our legal obligations, including to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information or otherwise meet our compliance and regulatory obligations, both in the US and the EU, including with respect to any EU Member State where we are providing our Services.
With Whom Will We May Share Your Personal information:
We generally do not share your personal information, but we may share your personal information:
- If we have received your advance permission to do so;
- With our employees, if necessary for the development, improvement, and provision of the Site and Services;
- To comply with a legal obligation or to protect and defend our rights or property, if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary; and
- With third parties, subject to a reasonable obligation of confidentiality, in connection with any merger, acquisition, asset sale, financing, or other capital transaction involving the sale of all, or substantially all, of our assets.
How We Protect Your Personal information:
The Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information under our control. While we use industry standards to protect the integrity and security of our network and systems, no method of transmission over the Internet is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining personal information. All payment information is transferred using encryption during transmission, such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocols. In addition, your personal information is stored in databases that are on a virtual private cloud (Webflow).
How Long We Retain Your Personal information:
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with Services, until you request that we delete it, or otherwise for as long as permitted or required to resolve disputes or collect outstanding fees or for legal and regulatory purposes. Aggregate information, which is not personal information, is retained indefinitely to improve the functionality of the Site and Services.
Your Personal information Protection Rights and Choices:
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal information. Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. You have the right to:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- To require us to delete or restrict your personal information in certain circumstances ((e.g., if Wave Neuro is using your personal information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your personal information be deleted when you withdraw your consent);
- To require us to restrict our data processing activities in certain circumstances;
- Select whether we share your personal information with third parties by or change your selection by e-mailing us at email@example.com and placing “share” or “do-not-share” in the subject line (please include your full name);
- To object to any of our particular processing activities of your personal information;
- To receive from us the personal information we hold about you, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller;
- Where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, you can make a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority in the US or EU, as applicable, including the data protection regulator in the EU country where you are located; and
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim, if you believe your personal information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information.
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above, or submit a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information:
- You may opt-out of receiving e-mails or newsletters and other offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our e-mails or newsletters; and
- You may be able to configure your browser to reject cookies, but doing so will limit the functionality and negatively impact your experience using the Site
California Residents Privacy Rights:
Visiting the Site from Outside the United States:
Children’s Privacy and International Considerations:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to us. For that reason, Wave Neuro does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under 16 years of age. If Wave Neuro learns that personal information of children under 16 years of age has been collected on or through the Site, Wave Neuro will take the appropriate steps to delete such personal information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 16 years of age who has become a registered user of the Site or otherwise has used the booking engine or our Services, please contact us by email at email@example.com to have your child’s transactions terminated and personal information deleted.
Third Party Websites:
Additionally, please be aware that if you visit third party (non-Wave Neuro) websites where you are prompted to login or that is customizable, you may be required to accept cookies. Our affiliates, partners, and advertisers may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
Our Contact Information:
Wave Neuroscience, Inc.
1601 Dove Street, Suite 205
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Attention: Privacy Officer
We will attend to your questions, concerns, or instructions promptly.